"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Dear Abigail

My sweet precious little child,


We brought you home from the hospital today and you were 4 days old. I wanted everything to be just perfect in the house; however you didn’t seem to mind that there were things out of place. You were just happy to be with your mommy and daddy. We came home and showed you around the house. I especially think that you loved your room, all decorated in green and pink, perfect for my sweet princess. We took you out to meet the puppy dogs, we let you swing in your swing, try out your bouncy chair, and we cuddled and rocked for hours in our bedroom.

We have a bassinet set up in our room for you to sleep with us right now. I’m not too keen on the idea of letting you out of my sight. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. To see you for the first time in the delivery room I was speechless. When I was in recovery room when they finally brought you back to me, we you laid on my chest and I could just feel you breath. I just want to inhale you. I want to breathe in your sweet smell all day long.

I didn’t realize how much you would sleep, but I’ve been told that’s your job right now and when you sleep mommy should sleep too. I absolutely love our 2:00 AM, 5:00 AM, feedings. I pull you into the bed with me and you lay on my arm and drink your bottle. After you finish your bottle I lay you on my chest until you fall back asleep. Oh goodness I could just pat your little butt forever. You are just precious.

I love the little nightgown that you wore this evening; it was a cream color beige with a giraffe on it. It had a matching hat with it. We are keeping hats on you for the most part, we don’t want to let your little head get cold. I love your noises, I love your soft sweet skin, I love your beautiful blue eyes, and you’re little goldy locks hair. You are so beautiful. If I could have picked out the features of what I wanted in a child it wouldn’t measure up to what God has given us. I am so blessed to be your mommy. I knew from the first moment I held you in my arms that I was created to be your mommy that is my purpose in my life. I love you so much sweet child.

Sweet Dreams

Love,

Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment