"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dear Lucas

Dear Lucas,


We are so excited we have decided on a name for you! We wanted it to be just perfect. We wanted something Biblical, masculine, and what we thought described you! Lucas, Luke, The Lukester, not quite sure what we call you, but I do know that I absolutely can’t wait to lay my eyes on your sweet little face.

It just brings joy to my heart every time I feel you move. I pray for you daily, for what you will become, the decisions you make, and that God will start moving in your heart at a young age. I pray you have a heart of service for Jesus and love all people. Your daddy and I will do the best we can to instill these values in you. I pray for the day that you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and love Him with your whole heart.

As for now, I will just enjoy every moment with you. It is the most amazing thing in the world to feel you inside of me just moving around. You have your ways of brightening my day and bring a smile to my face. We are well over half way through the pregnancy and you are just as healthy as can be!

Your big sis likes to give you kisses on my belly. I can’t wait for you to meet her. I know you all will fight like cats and dogs, but I know someday when you are adults you will be very close.

You love to listen to your classical music. We put the ear phones on my belly on the way to work and listen for about 10 minutes a couple of times a day. I know you will have a heart for music just like your daddy, mommy and sister. I hope someday you want to learn how to play the piano, and I know your daddy would love to teach you how to play the guitar. I hope that you get your daddy’s singing voice. I can’t carry a tune in a bucket. Your daddy sings songs with your sister every night and I can just picture you with them soon singing along and moving your little hands to the motions.

I love you so much Luke! I can’t wait to you hold you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment