"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Cute Burp Cloths!


I went on a search today on my fabric shelf for any fabric that I had that didn’t have pink in it. It was rather hard, but I had some owl fabric left over from my camera strap and Abby’s crayon roll that I had recently made. We’re starting to get prepared for the arrival of Lucas and I had some free time today during Abby’s nap that I thought I would make some burp cloths. I think these are super cute!

These are so easy to make.  I cut the chenille and the fabric pieces of 18 x 8.5 rectangles. I placed the fabrics right sides together and pinned them. I sewed all the way around the cloths leaving about 2 ½ - 3 inches to pull the fabric back through its self. I pinned the opening and did a top stitch around the border. I made seven of them so we are getting a start to our collection of burp cloths. I’m sure little Lucas can go through these in a day.

I have to warn you if you make these that the chenille is messy and be prepared to pull out the vacuum cleaner when you finish! Also it is best to prewash the fabric so due to the massive shredding. Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment