"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear Abigail,

Dear Abigail,


I’m sitting beside you right now while you are eating your breakfast watching Handy Manny. Your eating your most favorite breakfast, sausage biscuit, strawberry yogurt and of course your milk that you love to chug. Right now you’re making googly eyes over Handy Manny, one of your most favorite shows, other than your Mater tales DVD.

I had to tell you the hardest thing this past Saturday, that your poppa had passed away. You were asleep when we got the call that they were taking him to the hospital, and your daddy went straight to the hospital and I stayed home with you. Your daddy called and told me that he had passed. I picked you up and held you tight. I sat you on the counter and told you that your poppa was with Jesus now. You looked up at me and wiped my tear and gave me the biggest sweetest hug you have ever given. I know that you are so young and really don’t know what is going on, but you know mommy and daddy are sad. The past few days you have been extra sweet, given extra hugs and kisses. You are such a special little girl.

We never want you to forget your poppa, you were one of his favorite people, and his grandchildren were the light of his life. Poppa was also one of your most favorite people. You always went straight to his lap when they came over to the house. He would always take you outside and you all had some special times together, walking around the block, riding on his shoulders, sitting in his lap to share a book, and of course showing off your new tricks that you have learned. You loved him so much and he loved you all the more.

Your Nana has come over the past few days and when she comes in you just shrug your shoulders in wonder where Poppa is. I just want you to know that he is with Jesus and you will see him again someday.

We went to the visitation last night and you stayed at home with Darwin and Cathy. They said that you were just the perfect little angel. This is only the third time we have left you somewhere and gone somewhere without you. Darwin said that you all had a big ole time playing in the floor just laughing at him wearing your purple fuzzy hat. About 4:00 this morning you started crying for mommy and daddy, I think that you missed us and just wanted to see us. It’s hard when someone else puts you to bed at night. When I got home last night I just went beside your crib and just stroke your sweet little face and told you I loved you.

The pictures below are some of my favorite with you and your Poppa. You can tell by the look in his face how much he loved you. Last night at the visitation, about everyone we talked about said that he was always talking about you. I love you Abbyroo!

Love,

Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment