"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dear Abigail,

Dear Abigail,

Happy Birthday to the sweetest little 2 year old I know!  We are so richly blessed to have you as our daughter and I am just so thankful and honored to call you mine here on Earth.  I pray daily that God will continue to hold, keep, protect and blessed you, and I just tear up when I get to hold you close and think about how God has let me borrow you for a while.  I praise Him because you are fearfully and wonderfully made!  It doesn’t seem like it has been two years since I laid eyes on you for the first time.  I will remember the day I became your mommy like it was yesterday forever.  I laid my eyes on your sweet little face and held you tight.  I never wanted to let you go.  I truly don’t know how I survived before you came along.  You have added so much joy to our lives and I am thankful for everything about you. 

You truly have the sweetest heart and have such care and concern for your friends and family.  You love your bubby so much and when he cries you try to make him feel better by giving him something of yours.  You shower us with hugs, kisses, and just your sweetness every day.  It is hard for me to capture words for my love for you.  I know you will know what I am talking about one day when you hold your children. 

We had a cookie monster birthday party for you today!  You sure love cookie monster – you walk around and say “cookie monster, yum yum yum.”  You live life with such a love and passion.  I love to watch you find joy in laughter, playing, being with friends…  When you laugh you laugh hard, when you cry you cry hard, when you love – you love so much.  It just melts my heart to see you pucker those little lips wanting a kiss from your mommy.  Seeing you is definitely the highlight of my day!  This past year has been amazing and  I just love every moment with you!  I am so thankful God has allowed me to be your mommy!  Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment