"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Lucas,


Dear Lucas,

You are 5 ½ weeks old!  I have been off work for 6 weeks now and it is hard to believe that my maternity leave is ½ way over.  I love my days with you.  Right now you are still waking up every 3 hours to eat.  You take your bottles like a pro and wouldn’t miss a meal or show up late for your meal either.  I’m not quite sure what I am going to do with my blonde hair blue eyed boy, with two little dimples.  You are just adorable and I know that you are going to be a heart breaker.

You love to be held.  Right now you are in your daddy’s arms snoozing while he also rests.  You like your swing.  We turn it on high and it has a little mobile and you enjoy watching your friends spin around in circles, aka parrot, monkey and frog.  You have out grown your newborn clothes and wearing size 0-3 months clothing.  It’s hard to believe I have already had to pack up some of your clothes.  I think your favorite spot is in my arms.  You look at me with your eyes wide open like you are studying my face.  We read in the mornings, play with your sissy in the evenings, and you make your little coo noises all day long.  You have learned where your hands and feet are and learning to find your little voice.

I love you so much little man!

Your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment