"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Raggedy Ann, and don't forget Andy

I think of myself a pretty thrifty person, I’m always looking for a bargain or how to make something for cheaper than I can buy it. Abigail and I really wanted a Raggedy Ann shirt, however I couldn’t fathom paying 30$ at the boutique. I didn’t even pay that much for her Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls! I made the shirt in the picture for less than 4$. I purchased the shirt for $1.89 at Hobby Lobby, and the hair for the doll I got ½ yard at Hobby Lobby for 1.99$ yard, so it was about a $1, it was made out of stuff that you use for lamp trends. I also used black and red fabric pain for the eyes, freckles, and mouth. I was so pleased with the way it turned out – and for Abbyroo to wear it only once, maybe twist, $4 was a fair price to pay instead of $30!


Abigail loves her Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, she carries them around with her from room to room. We keep them in a child’s rocking chair in our living room. When she gets down in the floor she always grabs Ann 1st, and then goes back for Andy. She loves her dolls, I’m sure she thinks they are good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment