"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Friday, July 30, 2010

Nothing cuter than a little girl on her birthday in a tutu...

I still can’t believe that my little girl is one years old. I feel like I was just prego with her the other day. I still feel like I should be able to sit on the couch and hold her for hours and cuddle with her anytime I want. I still feel like she should wear a newborn size, and little booties. This past year has flown by, it has by far been the best year I have had. She makes everyday wonderful, exciting and new.



She is so independent now. She is walking alone; she will go exploring through the house and leave the room that we are in. She is walking very well, getting up without the assistance of furniture, and even starting to walk faster, not quite running, but definitely walking faster.


Her birthday party was full of laughter fun and needless to say, cupcakes! We had a wonderful turnout to her party. Her little friends loved watching her open her presents and running around the room. We had her party at the Bull Golf course, because we thought our house was too small to accommodate all the people, and I didn’t want the pressure of making everything perfect for her big day! She had so much fun and only one melt down during present’s time.

I have seen several weeks prior to the party preparing, we did all homemade decorations, and balloons, table clothes and paper ware from the dollar store. We didn’t want to spend a whole lot, considering she won’t’ remember this anyway. We did cupcakes from Kroger, gold fish, Capri suns, and some homemade 1st birthday chocolate suckers. For party favors we had silly bands on the tables, Bible activity books and crayons. It worked out perfectly that her birthday is during the back to school extravaganza.

Abigail got so many gifts.  We are blessed with so many friends and family that love her so much.  Jason and I got her a car and a piano.  She loved them both, however she was just as happy with the packaging of the presents as she was the presents.    I still can't believe she's one!  Happy Birthday Abigail!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment