"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome Fall 2010!

I absolutely love fall, the cooler temperatures, the colorful leaves, the desserts and food. Abigail and I welcomed fall this year with our first batch of Crockpot apple butter, very simple recipe using applesauce, all spice, cloves, cinnamon, and sugar. We love it! We simmer it in the crock-pot about 12-14 hours on low, and it absolutely makes the house smell wonderful. I’m ready to change out Abigail’s wardrobe; however it was 93 degrees today, hardly pants and leg warmer weather.

I have recently gotten back into sewing. About 8 years ago I use to make purses to sale on eBay, and use my scraps to quilt. It isn’t something that I continued doing due to time, and the quilting wasn’t very rewarding. I absolutely love to sew clothes for Abigail though, I have made her 3 dresses, pair of pants, Halloween treat bag, and 4 pairs of leg warmers. I’m enjoying using my sewing machine, however I can’t wait to get a new one for Christmas, and I have already picked it out. The machine I have right now is ancient, but I shouldn’t complain because it does the job. I will probably pass it along to a friend when I get my new one. It will be bittersweet to let it go.

I look forward to Halloween this year. Abigail is going to be a ladybug. I bought her costume back in August, I was afraid they wouldn’t have her size when it got closer to Halloween. Now I am wishing I had given it more thought, I would have absolutely loved her to dress up as pebbles. However we have ladybug costume with no receipt, so I would only be able to get store credit if I took it back. I pulled out her Halloween tutu that we made, found her Halloween beads, and bought her a Halloween shirt so she is ready to go! We went to Meijer today and bought 12 mini plastic pumpkins to put Gerber gummies in them for her friends at daycare. We are ready!

Last year we didn’t go trick or treating; she dressed up as a frog and helped pass out candy at the house. She was the most adorable frog I have ever seen. I look forward to walking her around at trunk or treat at church this year and the neighborhood on Halloween.

Other things about fall I love is the foods, I usually don’t cook chicken and dumplins, chili, and vegetable soup during the summer, I think these three meals could be a food group of their own, they are my favorites. Not to mention the apple butter, pumpkin pie, and fudge!

Well last week we were at the beach, and this week I have been at home all week. It is going to be so hard to go back to work on Monday. I have enjoyed being away and just being a mom and wife. I truly believe that becoming a mommy was why I was created. I didn’t know my purpose in life until I held Abigail in my arms for the first time. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, and now I want to be a mommy. I truly pray that Jason and I are blessed to be able to have another child someday.

Well enough rambling, I am off to watch some mindless TV. I look forward to my last full day off work tomorrow… I can’t wait for the weekend and the critter dinner on Saturday. It will be Abbyroo’s 2nd critter dinner. Last year we dressed her up in the cutest overalls, just precious. This year she will probably have to wear some UK attire, since it is game day! Go CATS!

Dress that I made for Abby

Abbyroo cheering the CATs on game day!


No comments:

Post a Comment