"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Monday, September 06, 2010

Fairies and Pixie Dust

When do we lose that since of awe and wonder? When did we stop believing in the tooth fairies, pixie dust, and that we could be anything we wanted to when we grew up. I wish that I could be more like Abigail. Everything that we do is exciting to her. Everything seems to have that “wow factor”. About everything we do she thinks deserves applause and saying yay! Not just one yay though, a long “yaaaaaaaayy”.


Its bath time Roo – “yyaaaayyy”, it’s time to eat your sup sup baby girl – “yyaaayyy” , its diaper changing time – “yyaayyy”. No matter what we do, it is yay and claps! She is so excited about life, just being alive, and being Abigail. She truly is such a happy girl and has added so much joy to our lives. You can only imagine what she does when we pull out the bubbles – she acts so goofy and laughs so hard she can’t hardly sit up straight.

I can’t wait to see what she does when she sees the ocean for the 1st time next week! I always stand in amazement at the beauty of God’s creation at the beach. I always manage to see the sunrise and the sunset and praise God for who he is and this beautiful Earth he has given us to live on. I can live in more of this awe and wonder when were not living our normal daily life full of work, laundry and cooking dinner. Something about eating every meal out, having housecleaning straighten up your room everyday makes things a lot easier.

Well Abigail is going to have a lot more 1sts next week – 1st long car ride, 1st sand castle, 1st seeing the ocean, 1st time at the aquarium, and 1st time in a hotel, the list goes on…

I pray I can be more like her and see the awe and wonder in everything. I learn something new from her most every day. I hope she continues to still believe in fairies and pixie dust for a long time.




1 comment:

  1. So Sweet!! I hope you all have a good time! I can't wait for Kaelyn to go to the beach for the first time!

    ReplyDelete