"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

National Watermelon Day!

National Watermelon Day! As a new mommy we are always looking for holiday’s to celebrate! Our first year was so fun trying to take creative pictures for the different holidays. Were going to make a calendar in December to give to family for Christmas. I can’t believe we missed this holiday last year…haha I heard it on the radio that today was national watermelon day, and it just so happened that we had a huge watermelon in the fridge and Abbyroo loves her watermelon!


Our church had a sweet tooth auction the Sunday before, and we had so much left over cupcakes and sweets from her birthday, the watermelon seemed like the only reasonable thing we could bid on.

I put the watermelon in the front yard and Abbyroo got right down there with hit. She hadn’t ever seen a watermelon this big before, she tried to roll it, she played pat-a-cake with it, and just enjoyed trying to move it. But what she most enjoyed was when I cut it up and gave her a piece, she went to town! She loves her watermelon; I hope she continues to eat whatever I give her for a while. I know that eventually she won’t want all these fruits and veggies though so I am loading her up now!



No comments:

Post a Comment