"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Friday, August 27, 2010

Feeding the Elephants



I had today off of work, and a friend of mine told me the day before that they were going to be feeding the elephants in triangle park at 11:00 - so Abbyroo and I had to make our way downtown.  We parked at 5th 3rd bank and took us a nice stroll.  We made it there about 5 minutes before the elephants.  There was such a huge crowd.  We met a friend of mine from work, and I was so happy her mom was there because there was no way I would have just left my stroller and battled the crowd so my little princes could get a better look.  She watched our stuff and we faced the crowds.  Trish has a daughter the same age as Abby, there is one week difference between them.  Paige and Abby played so well together.  They pushed there way through the crowds to get a front view of the elephants.  Abby would reach out her arms towards them and say pup pup.  I guess she thought that they were really big dogs!

We got to watch them feed the elephants lettuce, apples, bananas, and of course their favorites watermelon.  They said the elephants consider watermelon a dessert.  They told us that Elephants get 6 sets of teeth in their lifetime and I feel sorry for them!  If  they have 1/2 as much trouble as Abby has getting her 1st set!  Well Abbyroo had so much fun we had to take her back that evening to the circus - she loved it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment