"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Dear Junebug

Dear Junebug,


I still am in awe and wonder that we are pregnant with you. We’ve made it to the second trimester and it feels like in these 12 short weeks I have a lifetime of love for you. It is amazing how just knowing that you are inside of me the love that I have for you and the longing my heart has to hold you. I put my hand on my belly everyday and tell you I love you. We had our first ultrasound last week and we saw you. You were just as precious as could be and I couldn’t take my eyes off of you. The 20 minutes that we were in there I don’t think that my eyes moved from the TV screen where you were. I didn’t want to blink and miss one moment of your sweet little face. I teared up seeing that little heart flutter. You fell asleep during the ultrasound and the tec had me cough really deep to wake you up. You turned over to your little belly and had your face down. The tec got a really cute picture of you that I carry around in my purse now. Your little heart was beating at 167 beats a minute and it sounded like a train, such a strong heartbeat. I long for the day that I get to hold you in my arms. To stroke your little cheek, see those little toes, see that precious smile. The doctor says that you are just perfect, and I know that you are. Everything about you is just perfect, the way God designed you.

I can’t wait for you to meet your daddy and big sister. They make our family so wonderful and I just can’t wait for you to be a part of it. Your daddy leans down to my belly most evenings and tells you that he loves you and talks to you. If you are anything like your daddy or sister you will sure love music. Abigail would dance from the time she was in the womb when she heard that music. I look forward in this next month or so to feel you move. I pray for you every precious child. We have about 6 more months to ourselves, just us. In the mean time I will talk to you on our car rides, play your classical music for you with the belly earphones at, and I will eat those little cheeseburgers from McDonalds that you are making me crave. I love you Junebug!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment