"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Take a breath

This time of year I have to slow down, take a breath and remember the reason for the season. It is so easy for me, a person who is always going to stop, working forty hours a week, being a full time mommy and semi crazy pregnant lady to just enjoy this Christmas season. We do a lot at Christmas time and I don’t want to get mixed up in the business of it that I blink and it is gone. Last year we started some new Christmas traditions with Abigail, but more than the Christmas traditions, I want her to learn what Christmas is all about, Jesus.


I look forward to having time off of work at Christmas. They give us 2 days at Christmas and 2 days at new years, so it will be a wonderful 2 weeks. I’m not going to be taking any additional time off work until the baby comes. I have 14 weeks of time saved at work for maternity leave and want to spend every moment of that at home with our precious new addition.

We have a lot coming up the next few weeks. I look forward to seeing my family in TN and spending time with friends and family here. I look forward to making our Christmas ornaments for friends, making peanut butter fudge, rock candy, chocolate molds, and our traditional breakfast casserole. I look forward to cutting out Christmas tree sugar cookies and decorating them with Abigail. I look forward to the Christmas service at church, wearing our warm pajamas on Christmas Eve all cuddled up with Jason and Abigail. I look forward to Christmas morning when I know that Abigail will tear into her gifts and play with the box instead of the toy. I look forward to her not understanding why we aren’t going to take the holiday Barbie out of the box and putting it with the one on the shelf we got her last year. I love everything about Christmas and I hope that in the midst of the business that I can just truly remember the reason for the season and share that with Abigail.

I got an email last month about getting a free Christmas Message from navigators. I got it in the mail last week and Abbyroo and I have been reading a Bible verse out of the book every day and we talk about it. The book is kind of boring to her I’m sure because there are no pictures. However she will bring it to me, sit on my lap and let me read to her the scriptures. I want her to love Jesus. I know as a parent this is something that I will have no control over. Jason and I will lead and guide her, but ultimately she is going to have to accept Jesus as her Lord and savior. I pray every day that I can lay the foundation that she needs to have a life of trusting and believing in Him.

Merry Christmas my sweet little Angel! I hope that Christmas in the future isn’t about getting gifts to you. I hope that you will find that the true gift of Christmas is Jesus. I love you Abbyroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment