"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Early Morning

I had my alarm set for 5:00 this morning so I could go to boot camp class at the gym. I woke up and looked out the window to use my automatic car starter and saw that there was snow. I have a rule of thumb to not go to the gym before work if schools are cancelled. Since my job offers no sort of closing whatsoever for snow, I have created this as my own reward when it snows. I don't enjoy the inconvenience of snow, however it does mean more time at home with family, which I can never seem to get enough of. Usually on snow days I go into work a little late and Abigail gets to stay home with her daddy. We don't like to get her out if there is any chance of the roads being bad. So after my alarm went off - I was unable to go back to sleep so I came to the TV and watched on DVR the ultimate cake off. "Really Sweet 16" episode, where they make 16 cakes for a riverboat event. I think it would be amazing to be able to make those cakes! Right now though I have very limited decoration skills when it comes to even icing cakes. I have mastered the basket weave though and will use this now to ice my carrot cakes with the cheese cream icing. So this morning I am going to enjoy my time away from "boot camp". My body is pretty sore anyway, it needs a rest. I have lost all but a couple pounds of my pregnancy weight, but it is definitely in different places! I had lost close to 50 pounds before I got pregnant and I need to get motivated again to lose more weight. Prior to pregnancy I had 10 more pounds to go before I hit goal, and I need to lose that final 10 pounds. Snow days sure aren't helping my waistline though, those are the mornings that I will make biscuits and gravy; I think I hear it calling my name right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment