"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Abby is 7 months old! I still can't believe it!

I am completely amazed that Abigail is 7 months old today! It feels like just a few weeks ago that she was born. I blinked and now she is getting so big. She is saying words like: Dada, Hi, and Mom, or at least it sounds like Mom. We know she knows what dada is. She has a child’s photo album that she plays with all the time and she will put her hand on Jason’s picture and say daddy…way to sweet. We also keep a mirror beside her changing station and she will turn over to the mirror and go, Hiiiiiii. She also plays copy cat, if you hit your hand on the table, she will do the same, if you go hahaha, she will also echo. She has also started waving her little hands when we say bye bye. She truly is such a sweet little girl. I think it is funny because I said I wouldn’t be one of those mom’s that ONLY talked about their child. However she completely and utterly has changed my life and I am so in love with her, I can’t help but talk about her non-stop. I would say that about 80 percent of my updates on FB pertain to her. She is such a blessing.
Our days with her are wonderful and I absolutely love my weekends with her. We always try and do something special on the weekends, which something special to her would be extra cuddles and playtime. I love to feed her all 4 of her bottles and get to feed her both of her meals. On days that she goes to daycare, I only get to feed her one bottle and feed her one meal. Those things are so special to me, these days the mixed veggies and sweet potato bites are her favorite. She is starting to get into everything. Our house is pretty child proof due to the previous owners having children; however there are some updates that we definitely need to do this weekend! We definitely need to get some sort of cover to put on the hearth, and a few cabinets need those fasteners on them. I wouldn’t change anything about the past 7 months, I just look at her and just in awe that God would entrust us with her. Today we went to Beattyville to visit with her Grandma and Pop pa. We had such a wonderful time, however I think that Abigail gets carsick, but who wouldn’t riding backwards in a car seat through the mountains – I would probably get carsick too. She had a wonderful time getting lovings from her family; time with family is the best.
During church we actually sat in the floor during the service between the pews. They were pretty far apart, so we put about 5 toys down there and she stayed between Jason and myself and just played. She plays very well independently, she went from one toy to the next, but of course her buttercup doll got the most attention, along with her blueberry teething ring. After church we went to his parents house and enjoyed some fried chicken and some homemade ooy gooy spice cake from his mom. I didn’t want Abigail to feel left out with the sweet desserts so she enjoyed some “vanilla custard pudding with bananas” from Gerber, thank goodness for Gerber desserts. She absolutely loved it! Along with her cheerios while we ate. She loves to be in all the action – she was doing everything she could think of not to take a nap. When we left I think she was asleep before we got to the end of the driveway. She slept all the way home. She is such a sweet little booger, not quite sure how I survived before she was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment