"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little Fellas

I absolutely love to cook and love to try new recipes. Anyone who has been to my house and into my kitchen has seen my collection of cookbooks each with their own wonderful adventures in them. I have worn several of them out. You can tell the recipes that I refer to often because there are foods of some sort splattered on them. Something about cooking makes me feel closer to my mama. My Mama and Grandmother both cooked all the time when I was a child. I think of my Mama’s cornbread, Vegetable soup and my most favorite pot roast. I think of my grandmother’s wonderful fried eggs and bacon. When I was little she would make us some eggs and we would share a plate. She would always let me dip my toast and eat most of the yellow which was my favorite part. She always kept a bag of Hershey’s kisses in her night table; we both shared a love for chocolate. Thinking of food makes me think of gathering with friends and family and sharing food that I have made is just one way to show people that I love them. Something about making something, putting it all together and coming out with something just makes me happy. It is one simple way that I can show someone that I love and care about them. I am hoping that my daughter Abigail shares a love for cooking like her mama. We have already started a cheesecake tradition together. We have made cheesecake to celebrate the holidays. We had a pumpkin cheesecake at Thanksgiving and a brownie chocolate swirl cheesecake at Christmas. She was very helpful in watching me mix and making me smile while doing so. This evening Abigail and myself made the Junior's Little Fella Chocolate Cheesecake Swirls, if you are interested in the recipe I posted it in my notes on 02-06-10. These are so easy to make and turn out wonderful. I have one recommendation though, defiantely use the waterbath, it truly does make a difference in the moisture aspect of the cheesecake. I have purchased ingredients to venture to make my first red velvelt cheesecake – yes I said it, my 2 most favorite desserts together in one pan. It is going to be amazing, even if it doesn’t turn out exactly like the picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment