"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chest x-ray

What a day what a day. Ear infection, stomach virus, congestion & coughing makes for an unhappy baby. Abby doesn’t complain though, but mommy knows she doesn’t feel good. Abby is on day 6 of not feeling well, I called yesterday and asked for an appointment and we took her in this morning. The doctor checked her all over and decided to send her for a chest x-ray since she had a lot of crackling in her chest; they wanted to ensure that she didn’t have phenomena. Chest x-rays on a 7 month old baby = no fun! Abigail was such a trooper though. They took 3 separate pictures. I had to wear a shield that weighed quite a big and hold her in place. She was such a trooper though. At one point she was laying on her side and I had to hold both her arms above her head. She looked right at me and yelled “daddy”. The x-ray tech and I both thought it was funny. They told her that she took excellent pictures, which I already knew that. I asked the doctor if I waited too long to bring her in and they said I didn’t, but next time I am just going to take her right away. I would rather pay a 20$ co-pay than wonder. The doctor said that she could see in her chart where I had called 4 times in the past few days. So after we went to the doctor’s I knew it would be a little while before her prescription so we ran to Wal-Mart and bought her an Elmo Live Encore. We play with it about every time that we go to Wal-Mart, we pinch his nose and he makes the truck honk noise. She always giggles smiles and reaches for him. I thought after the morning she had, she really needed Elmo. We picked up her prescription and paid a little extra to have it banana flavored. Abby gobbled up her ½ teaspoon and thought it was the best thing in the world. When we got home, we drank more pedilyte and played with her Elmo some. She thought he was so funny, she just watched him sing, dance and tell jokes. She is asleep now, and has been sleeping for about 2 hours. Extra cuddles and kisses hopefully will speed up the recovery process!

No comments:

Post a Comment