"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Still Surviving...

Still surviving… I thought Abigail was all better; however she has started this stomach bug all over again! Jason and I are assuming that we had different strands of the bug and she got both of them. She has now developed a nasty cough. We put her to bed last night at her normal 7:30 and she woke up coughing at 8:00 and again at 9:00. She did sleep through the night and woke up at 6:00 AM coughing again. She sounds pitiful. She still doesn’t hold her food very well and we are giving her pedilyte to help her tummy some. She is eating some rice cereal, applesauce, and Cheerios. She is taking some bottles too, but not holding them as well. We are hoping that she is better by tomorrow. She doesn’t complain though, she is very cheerful, but we know she isn’t feeling well. I know that Jason and I both aren’t shy of complaining how we feel to each other! So I have been at home with her since Thursday, we haven’t gotten out much, but I know that she is going to want to stroll around the neighborhood and enjoy this springtime weather. Being at home Abby and I have had some time to make her some new bows, a new rainbow tutu, and some cute flower bloomers. She is such a good helper. I wish there was something we could do for her to help her feel better sooner. However, we have her mattress elevated, vaporizer running, saline drops in the nose, booger sucker used every diaper change, and extra hugs and kisses, should help her along just fine. I sure did miss my home church this morning. We missed last week going to the church that Jason grew up in. My week just isn’t complete without my Durbin family. Watching TV on church just isn’t the same. We watched southland this morning, and then the last 30 minutes of Immanuel Baptist church, which I really enjoyed. Kirk Cameron was guest speaking at their church since it was the day after the love worth fighting for tour. If you haven’t seen the movie fireproof you definitely need to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment