"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Friday, October 15, 2010

Big Sis

Dear Abigail,



I haven’t written you a letter since your 1st birthday and we are due! We told you on Wednesday that you are going to be a big sister, I know that you didn’t understand what this meant but you squealed and clapped when I told you. You seemed very excited and we know that you are going to be the best big sister in the world. You have been saying the word baby a lot this past month so I honestly think you knew I was pregnant before I did. I want you to know that you are the center of our world. We love you so much and couldn’t imagine the joy you have brought to our family. Every day I am amazed by you. I look forward to every moment with you.


I love everything about you. I love the way you pucker you lips and lick my cheek, I love the way you keep your little butt up in the air when you sleep, I love the way you run to your piano as soon as we walk into the door, I love the way you laugh when I stick my tongue out at you, I love your laugh, your smile, your toes, and everything about you. You bring so much joy to my day. My favorite part of my day is when I get to pick you up at daycare and I see you running towards me with your little noises “ah ah ah ah”. You don’t know it but I stand outside of your classroom window 2-3 minutes every day before I pick you up just to watch you. I love to see you play with other children. Today when I picked you up I saw you rolling a ball back and forth with a little boy. I’m not too concerned at this point since you are only 14 months, but I don’t want you to get interested in boys yet, you have your whole life for that.


You haven’t felt good this week. The past 2 nights you have woken up several times throughout the night. On Wednesday I was able to just sit there with you and rock you. I love just looking at your face, stroking your hair and singing to you my sweet child. I never want anything to hurt you or make you feel bad. Your daddy got up with you last night and he sat on the couch with you. He loves his time with his baby girl. I wish you were a mama’s girl, but you most definitely prefer your daddy over me right now. You will sit on his lap 1st, give him hugs first, and sit in the floor and play with puzzles with him for an hour. But I have to admit you think that I am the funniest person in the world. I can make you laugh and that laugh truly melts my heart. That laugh is the cure for a bad day; it makes everything in the world for that moment just perfect.


My precious Abbyroo I love you so much! I hope one day you read this and realize how much you are loved! I look forward to spending this weekend with you; we aren’t doing anything special, just spending every moment together. I look forward to rocking you to sleep tonight, it is one of the few times you will let me hold you these days!


Love you!
Your Mommy
:-*

1 comment:

  1. I love this...your a great mama..and jasons a great daddy...and yall have a wonderful lil girl...and pretty soon another baby..I love you all and can't wait to come visit...

    mnc

    ReplyDelete