"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Halloween Cookie Suckers

I love to make chocolate candy. I have always looked forward to different occasions because it was time to pull out the candy making supplies. We usually use chocolate molds, however at Halloween we just make cookies suckers. I have a few Halloween molds (Witch, ghost & Pumpkin) but we aren’t going to pull them out this year. I posted a picture from my mobile uploads and have received several requests on my recipe for these wonderful tasty suckers. The great thing about these cookie suckers is that there is no cooking involved – we simply use items straight from the grocery store.


Shopping list: Double stuffed Oreos (only because I prefer all the extra icing inside these wonderful creations. White chocolate or while almond bark from the baking isle at the grocery store. You can also purchase melting chocolate from a store such as Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, or even Wal-Mart. These work the same. I prefer when using white coloring to get the almond bark cubes. They work very nicely. You will need one pick of lollipop sticks and 1 jar of googly eye candy. I purchased both the eyes and the lollipop sticks at Hobby Lobby. I know you can find the lollipop sticks at Wal-Mart over with the specialty baking and icing stuff (usually near the scrap booking paper and party supplies), however I am not sure about the eyes. Also if you are going to give these as gifts it will be helpful to get the sucker bags and twist ties or ribbon to package your cookie sucker.

For this project you will also need a baking sheet lined with wax paper. (optional for other cookie suckers you will need colored melting chocolate and sprinkles)

I didn't get a picture of every step, I had a one year old helping me with this project, so as I'm sure you can see why we skipped some pics, however I'm positive you can follow this enough to make these cute suckers!   





Melt the chocolate according to package directions.  I usually use 3 cubes at a time.  If you are using the melting chocolate I would use about 1/3 of the bag. 

Gently pull your cookie lids off.  Dip the end of your stick into the melted chocolate and place the stick back onto the cooking. 

Put your cookie back together gently.  These will need to cool completely before proceeding, this will probably take about 10 minutes.  In the mean time you can go ahead and separate more cookies. 

This is what your cookie should look like put back together.

Dip all your cookies into the chocolate.  Make sure that they are completely coated and place them on the wax paper.  Immediately add your googly eyes to the suckers.

Place a couple spoonfulls of the melted chocolate into the corner of a sandwich bag.  You will cut off the tip of the bag and squeeze the chocolate through the bag and drizzle across the suckers to make them look like mummies

Let your Candy completely dry and then package them!  How fun and tasty!  We also use different colored chocolate and put Halloween colored sprinkles on them.

Enjoy!  I hope that you have as much fun as we do making these!!!
I must warn you to eat these at your own risk they are very addictive!  Happy Halloween!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment