"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt~

Monday, October 25, 2010

Dear Abigail,

Dear Abbyroo,


I truly think you are one of the smartest kids I know; you pick up on stuff so quickly. We ask you what sound a cow makes and you go “moooooo”, we ask you to do your elephant and you put your little arm up by your ear and lift your hand, we ask you if you need a diaper change and you go back to your changing table; you do so many things that just amaze us. You are starting to put words together like, “good girl” and “bad no”. We ask you to get us a book and you pick out the same book every time, “That’s not my Penguin”… You love to be read to, you love to listen to us talk, you will sit and play with your shape sorter for 45 minutes at a time. It takes you a little while but you can put every shape where it belongs. It amazes me how hard you work at that, and when you are done you bring it to me to dump your shapes back out to do it all over again.

But, I don’t only think you one of the smartest kids because you learn so quickly but also because you have taught me so much!

Abigail you have taught me that laughter is the best medicine. Your smile can turn any bad day into the perfect day. As long as I know my baby girl is happy there is nothing better in the world. There are several ways that I can “no fail” make you laugh: Tickle you under your chin and say I’m getting ya getting ya getting ya… I will do This little piggy went to the market, this little piggy stayed home… When we go “we we we we we we” all the way home, you crack up! Other ways we make you laugh are by swinging you around, playing super girl, sticking our tongue out at your, making pooting noises, and acting like your feet stink. We are on the changing table and I will smell your feet and start coughing and go shewwww and you love this. You think this is so funny. Your laughter is the best sound in the world.

Abigail you have taught me a lot about patience. You started walking at 11 months old and you would fall over and over and over and over, you never cried you just got right back up again. You will bump into furniture and just turn around. When we started letting you feed yourself your own food you would miss your mouth a lot and you would just reach down and get another one. It takes you a while to eat your dinner, but you just sit there and enjoy the food and feed yourself. You are a patient little girl, and the way that you work your puzzles, you can sit there and work on one for 20 minutes before it is completed.

Abigail you have taught me that you shouldn’t be ashamed to ask for help. For some reason you like to squeeze in small spaces, or go behind a chair that is up against the wall. You love to do this for some reason but then you can’t get out. You get stuck and you raise up your little arms and ask for mama or dada for help. Although you will ask for help you do so much independently. You like to brush your own hair, you have to use your own spoon now, you held your own bottle very early, you like to try and do most things by yourself.

Abigail you have helped me learn to go with the flow. Weather we are on our way to church, going out to eat, or on our way to daycare. Things usually don’t go as planned. This has been hard for me because I am a person of schedule, if I arrive on time I consider that late, I think that being 15 minutes early is being on time. However we will be buckling you in your car seat and you would spit up, throw up, we we would forget something. I have learned that this is ok; we didn’t have a reservation at cracker barrel, and just because it didn’t go as scheduled doesn’t make it a bad thing. It definitely takes more planning to leave the home, I feel like when we started out we carried a suitcase, now we have narrowed it down to your little preschool backpack.

Abigail you have made me fall in love with photography. You have grown up so fast and changed so much this last year and I never want to forget it. I’ve always had a love of taking pictures, but you have given me a desire to take better pictures and more creative pictures, but more than picutres I think the videos are more important. Its hard to capture that moment completely in a picture. You have grown and changed so much this past year! Someone who I hold close to my heart reminded me when we brought you home from the hospital about the things that matter. She said to me that the dishes can wait, sweeping the floor can wait, that I need to enjoy those awake moments with my little girl. You are so precious to me, I just want to inhale you! I love to hold you, hug you, smell you, just anything about you.

Abigail you have taught me that you are the most adorable child in the world. Hehe, there is nothing in this world like a mother’s love. Along with this love of course I think that you are cuter and sweeter than any other child. I can stare at your face all day all day long. Don’t get me wrong I think other kids are cute, but of course you will always be cuter to mommy.

Abigail you have taught me to take the time to listen to people. You listen to your mommy and daddy so well (as long as the tv isn’t on). It is amazing how you responded to my voice the 1st day that I held you in the hospital, you recognized me. I have always been amazed what kids come up with and will repeat what you say, and I know that you will be no exception. As much as you love to be read to, I know that you will have the best imagination.

I love you Abby! I hope that we can continue to learn from each other our whole lives!!!

Love,

Momma :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment